Feel the Difference
Walk More, Feel the Difference
Walking can easily be incorporated into your daily routines. Here are some suggestions:
- Try to walk on most days of the week. Start with a 10 minute walk and gradually increase the time you spend walking.
- Walk to work
- If you drive or take public transport, get off a stop early or leave the car at the end of the car park
- Have a walking meeting
- Take the stairs instead of taking the lift
- Go for a lunchtime walk
- For short journeys leave the car and walk instead
- Get friends and family involved and go for an evening or weekend walk
- Rather than send an email walk over and talk with your colleague
- Join a local walking group
- Download a walking app to keep yourself motivated
Get Up, Stand Up
Sitting for long periods isn’t good for our health and wellbeing. If your job involves lots of sitting you could try some of the following:
- Speak to a colleague in person rather than send an email
- Stand when talking on the phone or to a colleague
- Have a walking meeting or perhaps a standing meeting
- Take regular desk breaks – you could set up a reminder in your calendar
- Offer to make your workmates a cup of tea
- Try and avoid eating lunch at your desk
- Go for a walk at lunchtime, even a 10 minute stroll can make all the difference
"Had a lot of fun, competing against other teams in our workplace"
"It was great for team building at work and getting to know your workmates while out for lunchtime walks"
"It helped me to de-stress after having a hectic day at work and home"